Thursday, February 11, 2010

Parsha
Today we reviewed the whole parsha as well as Parshas Shekalim

Parsha Craft
We traced hands using a hand stencil. We then cut out silver circles which were stuck on to hands. This represented the half shekel brought by Bnei Yisrael.


Yom Tov
Today we learnt about how Haman wanted to kill the Jews and sent out letters sealed with the king's ring to say that everyone must have a war with the Jews in the month of Adar.


Craft
We made King Achashverosh using many different mediums- drawing, sticking,decorating with jewels and hair. The results were stunning!


Library
Our first trip to the library was so exciting and we loved taking home books. Thanks to Elaine Hurwitz and Elisha Zulberg for volunteering to do library. Books must be returned by next Thursday the latest in order to get a new book. Please send a bag to protect the library to and from school.



When You Thought I Wasn't Looking

When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw you hang my first picture on the refrigerator,and I wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I thoughtit was good to be kind to animals.
When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw you make my favorite cake for me,and I knew that little things are special things.
When you thought I wasn't looking,I heard you say a prayer, and I believed there was a God that Icould always talk to.
When you thought I wasn't looking,I felt you kiss me good night,and I felt loved.
When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw tears come from your eyes and I learnedthat sometimes things hurt,but it's all right to cry.
When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw that you cared and I wanted to beeverything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn't looking,I looked....and now I want to say thanksfor all the things I saw,when you thought I wasn't looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment